Search Engine Optimisation: Tips for Beginners
SEO is not a one time thing, it is an ongoing process. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Create keyword rich titles and descriptions
If you're looking to get ahead in the SEO game, you need to make sure you're using keyword rich titles. This means including your target keywords in your title, and making sure they're as close to the beginning of the title as possible.
“I noticed a difference once I changed my titles to include keywords. I started moving from page 5 of Google Search up to page 1”, explains Sally from Northbourne Architecture and Design.
2. Use keyword rich tags
You can include relevant keywords in your title tags, meta descriptions, and even in the actual content of your pages. This will help your pages rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs), and get more traffic from web users.
3. Optimise your website for the search engines
As a website owner, you should always be looking for ways to optimise your site for search engines. By doing so, you can ensure that your site appears higher up in the search engine results pages (SERPs), which can lead to increased traffic and improved ROI.
“There are a number of different methods that you can use to optimise your site, but it is important to remember that not all methods will work for all websites” says Muzi from BMA Consulting who runs a successful wealth creation site, thanks to SEO. “You should always be willing to experiment and try out new techniques in order to find the ones that work best for you and your site”.
One of the most effective ways to optimise your website is to create high-quality content. This means writing articles, blog posts and other pieces of content that are informative, interesting and relevant to your target audience. Not only will this help to improve your SERP ranking, but it will also encourage people to visit your site and spend time on it.
4. Promote your website through social media and other channels
There are many ways to promote your website on social media. You can post about your website on your personal profile, in groups, and on business pages. You can also use paid advertising on social media platforms to reach a wider audience.
When promoting your website on social media, it’s important to be creative and engaging. Write posts that will interest your target audience and include a call to action. Use attractive images and videos to grab attention. And most importantly, be consistent! The more you post about your website, the more likely people are to visit it.
5. Monitor your SEO progress and make changes as needed.
As a website owner, you should always be monitoring your site's SEO to ensure that it is performing well. There are a number of ways to do this, but one of the simplest is to use Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a free service from Google that allows you to track your website's traffic and performance. By setting up an account and adding a few lines of code to your site, you can see how well your site is doing in terms of SEO.
There are a number of different metrics that you can track with Google Analytics, but some of the most important ones for SEO are:
- Bounce rate: This measures the percentage of visitors who leave your site after only viewing one page. A high bounce rate usually indicates that your site's SEO is not good enough to keep people engaged.
- Organic traffic: This measures the amount of traffic that comes to your site from search engines. This is one of the most important metrics for SEO, as it shows how well your site is performing in terms of search engine rankings.
- Time on site: This measures how long visitors spend on your site. A high time on site usually indicates that your content is interesting and relevant, and that your site's SEO is good enough to keep people engaged.
6. Hire an experienced SEO company to help you achieve your goals.
“One of the main reasons why I hired an experienced SEO company is because they will have a better understanding of how search engines work”, explains John from Quality Epoxy Flooring. “They will also be able to identify any potential problems that may arise with your website”. Additionally, an experienced SEO company will be able to offer you advice on how to improve your website so that it performs better in search engine results pages (SERPs).
SEO is an important part of any online marketing strategy. By following the tips above, you can ensure that your website is well optimised for the search engines and that you are getting the most out of your SEO efforts.